Saturday, September 21, 2013

Streaks of Blue by Jack Chaucer review

Hey guys!
I just finished reading Streaks of Blue by Jack Chaucer and let me just say, it was completely and utterly amazing. I just had to write a review about it. So, here it is. Enjoy!


Cover:

Review:
Streaks of Blue by Jack Chaucer was utterly amazing. It was about a girl who loves to hike and has this dream one day while sleeping under the stars. It’s a very troubling dream and flips her world upside down. This isn’t like the books that I normally read full of exciting demons and vampires and nephilim and what not, but I loved it. I think I have found a new-found love for realistic books. I think I have convinced myself that YA paranormal books aren’t the best in the world. That realistic books are just as good. I originally loved 13 Reasons Why then The Summer I Turned Pretty then The Fault In Our Stars (and there I had thought that I would only like John Green’s books of that type) and now this. I have to applaud Jack Chaucer for coming up with such an amazing story. It seems that I have some weird love for books that involve what others don’t generally like (in real life at least – not quite sure about in books). I like things that cause great pain.
I find Nikki very inspiring. For her to be so brave, yet human at the same time. Most of the time I read of amazing heroines, but they never seem like her. They just seem more distant. Here, Nikki was more like an actual person rather than a made up person we all long to be like. She was more real in my opinion. Though I still love every other heroine that I’ve read about. They all still are human in my opinion but there’s just something about Nikki. She reminds me so much of Hazel from The Fault In Our Stars. I look up to both of them, as well as a few other book characters.
I felt bad for Adam. I mean did he really have to go through all that? It just sucks. No wonder he hates life. I’m just glad he did let Nikki in. I think that really helped him. Though he was a total douche before. I’m just glad he made some improvement.
That last scene in the book, I thought was amazing! I have to read that book that they were talking about also, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. I love hiking and it seems really interesting. Streaks of Blue has actually really inspired me to hike more. I love hiking and I need to find a hiking buddy. But there just aren’t mountains I can hike where I live. :/ In Qingdao, I used to go hiking all the time, but since we moved I haven’t hiked much. I miss it.
Anyways I give this book a 5/5 because it was utterly amazing. You guys should all really read it when you can.
Rating
What makes this book different from all others and why should anyone care? This book is different, because it can really help people. It’s inspirational but it’s not like one of those books that therapists recommend and what not. That’s because this isn’t that type of book. It can help people in those situations, but it may not. It depends on the person. Not to mention this is a YA book. It’s just one of those books that are true and down to earth.
Did this book meet my high expectations? Yes. It did.
Would I recommend this book and to who? Of course I would. I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new awesome book. Someone who likes authors like John Green.

~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...